Friday, July 28, 2017

Fifteenth day-Google Tag Manager-Low Bounce Rate Solution???

My manager asked me seriously when I showed up this morning, "Do you remember you mentioned the 0% bounce rate at your second weekly meeting? And Bud said there might be something wrong with our system so I started to check our company's whole system since then. We might find the solution to this problem, it's about the Google Tag manager".

Wow, I believe he took my feedback seriously and has been working on to solve this problem for a month.

My manager said at first he considered that it might be the Google Plug-in configuration problem, for example, he inserted the codes twice, which would cause low bounce rate. Then he disabled this function but the bounce rate has still been very low.

He said just to let you know I'm not that familiar with Google Tag Manager and I said please don't worry, the percentage of me getting familiar with Google Tag Manager is negative.

Then, we started our journey trying to figure out:

First, go to Google Tag Manager:
sign in tag manager
container's name
live Version
Version Summary
Tags
Triggers

 Then, go to Google Analytics:
Behavior
Events
Overview
Event Category
 
 Then, go back to Google Tag Manager:
Download Event Tracking

And then, go back to Google Analytics:
Top Events
Event: action
                label
                categoryDownloads

And then again (I know😅), go back to Google Tag Manager:
Tags
PDF Download trigger

(Note: Google considers "Click" the PDF counting as "Download" the PDF)

I'm keeping searching for the possible issues to the low bounce rate and Ben said this might be a long-term project.

(Btw: this pale pink color is my favorite recently, I know everyone is having a really exhausting week this week, but still a good week, isn't it??)

No comments:

Post a Comment