Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Tenth Day-MailChimp Overview and Google Webmaster Tools AKA Search Console

After the 10-page handwriting midterm exam last night, I'm really happy to arrive at IndustryStar today, just feeling a little bit sleepy. So the first thing I arrived was to make dark black coffee, my favorite.

Ben trained Samantha and me in two sections today:
(1) MailChimp Overview
(2) Google Webmaster Tools AKA Search Console

For MailChimp:
First, Ben gave Samantha and me a document called "MailChimp Definitions of terms", which is really considerate of him. He gave us an overview of all the functions step by step in details, in my opinion, the style is much better than the university professors' reading slides style.
Below are the brief notes I took:

Delivered → print
                 → show report options


For Google Webmaster Tools
  •  Search Traffic → Search Analytics
                         → Clicks, Impressions, CTR, Position
                         → Queries
  •  Medium: a very good resource to post my blog
  • Google Index → Index Status
  •  Crawl→ errors: link this to Google Analytics
  •           → Site Map: useful for users and page admins
  • Search Appearance → Data highlighter
                                          → Blog Posts

During the break, I told Ben yesterday when I took the midterm exam, I just thought about the "open-book management" you told me since the first day we met. Open book management means the manager allows the employees to participate, and to me, I'm grateful that I've been trusted during the whole internship so far.
 
Been sleepy the whole day, but tomorrow is another day


No comments:

Post a Comment