Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Summary of Tiffany Cui's personal growth in 2023

 1. I was let go on Oct 07th, 2022 from my previous company. The laid off season in Silicon Valley continues until November 2023. Instead of crying on the couch watching Netflix eating ice-cream, I decided to try something new. I have always been an individual contributor during my past career path. How about trying to be at the management level in other industries? So, I officially became one of the managers at Walgreens on December 10th, 2022.

2. During 2023, I have learned how to be an inspiring leader motivating employee of various ethnicities, aged from 17 to 74+, with work experiences from 4 months to 38 years, work industries from Finance, Politics, Real Estate, Education and Theater. My self-esteem has been gradually built up by my team members. They make me believe I can be not only a good manager but a great leader because of my good heart and the wisdom.

Walgreens is made up by two departments: retail and pharmacy. Of course, I need to work with many pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, and they have guided me to the pharmacology.

3. I have made connections with the Walgreens customers who are attorneys and business owners. Even they are small business owners, I can always learn some management skillsets from them.

4. AI is my No. 1 interest in 2023, as long as I have time, I would like to join as many as AI events as I could.  The Stanford University Engineering Entrepreneurship Center hosts events from October to November, I have to say the guests have broadened my horizon in many ways. If they can be entrepreneurs creating their own companies, why can't I start to build my own empire? Also, I'm interested into the PHD Program provided by the Management Science and Engineering School.

5. I had a chance to talk to FeiFei Li in person I and I hope I can have more chances to meet her in 2024.

6. I had a chance to meet the Fremont Mayor Lily Mei and she has been my role model for years. I hope one day I can become like her - gentle and powerful.











7. Besides getting stronger mentally, I want to become stronger physically than before too. I started to go to the gym regularly. In November, I joined the Firefighter CERT training program learning all the necessary skillsets to protect myself and rescue others during the disasters.

8. Another stepping out of my comfort zone, I started my modeling career path at the age of 36. I made new connections with other models, photographers, hairstylists, makeup artists, fashion designers and professionals in the movie theaters. They educated me that even though I'm not tall enough to be a run-way model, I can definitely become a commercial model.



9. I went to Blackpink SF concert and many symphonies orchestra and jazz concerts this year which were healing moments to me. 

10. I enjoy listening to Lex Fridman and Andrew Huberman Podcasts every single day.

11. All the different connections have led to new directions way beyond my expectations, I have already made up my mind to work on several projects which require my full commitments at least one year. I hope I can make more accomplishments in 2024.




























No comments:

Post a Comment